Pages

Wednesday 8 April 2015

A DIY Easter Birthday Party

The Mr's birthday fell on Easter Sunday this year and he wasn't too impressed with having to share his special day with the rest of the world. So I decided there would be nothing he would love more than having an Easter themed birthday party...... :-).

DIY Easter Birthday Party

Now when I say party I really mean a small gathering with family and some yummy sweet treats. I know I am always scouring the internet for ideas for food and decor when party planning so I thought I would share some photos of the day in the hopes it might inspire someone else out there. I made a little Pinterest board when planning ideas for the day so feel free to check it out by clicking here.

In the morning I organised an Easter themed treasure hunt where I hid the Mr's birthday presents around the house along with an Easter egg themed clue which when solved would lead him to his next present.

DIY Easter Birthday Party



DIY Easter Birthday Party

This took me a few hours the previous week to think of the clues and puzzles but it was totally worth it.You're never too old for a treasure hunt right? Even my labrador Lucy got in on the action with her bunny ears :-).

DIY Easter Birthday Party

DIY Easter Birthday Party

I made a selection of treats for the table - carrot cake, chocolate nests, Easter themed sugar cookies with almond flavoured icing and a birthday cake. I also had some lemonade which I added a little colouring to to match the cake. I put some skittles in a bowl along with chocolate eggs and marshmallows and tied some Easter ribbon around the glass containers I already had to tie it in with the theme.

DIY Easter Birthday Party

DIY Easter Birthday Party

DIY Easter Birthday Party

DIY Easter Birthday Party

DIY Easter Birthday Party

I made the cake by whipping up a simple victoria sponge batter and adding gel food colouring. This works much better than the usual liquid colouring and I was really impressed by how strong the colours are, even after baking. I made some jam and buttercream to put between each layer, gave the whole thing a crumb coat and then covered with more buttercream. I topped the whole thing with coloured Smarties to finish off the "rainbow" theme.

DIY Easter Birthday Party

DIY Easter Birthday Party

DIY Easter Birthday Party

DIY Easter Birthday Party

DIY Easter Birthday Party

Decoration for the table was fairly simple. I managed to find the Easter banner and little chicks and bunnies from the local pound store, yay for bargains! I covered my table in some plain white tablecloths and arranged the food on various cupcake stands and plates I had in the house already. Finally I added some fresh flowers to the table and I was done.

DIY Easter Birthday Party

I love how it turned out, especially as it was really quick and inexpensive to put together.

I'm always looking for new ideas so feel free to leave your blog/Pinterest pages below for inspiration :-).


No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com