Pages

Tuesday 24 February 2015

What I Eat in a Day - Normal Week Day Edition


Another "What I eat in a Day" post for you today. I am running low on fresh foods because I was away for the weekend and I really need to do a food shop but I thought you would like to see what I ate anyway.

Breakfast


Breakfast was my usual cup of green tea with greek yoghurt, blueberries and half a banana. Again I added cinnamon to the greek yoghurt to give it a little more flavour.

Greek Yoghurt Healthy What I Eat in a Day Glasgow Girls Guide

I followed this with a black coffee an hour or so later in work.

Mid-Morning Snack

My usual 11am snack is a piece of fruit with another cup of green tea. I had an apple and orange with me but only ended up eating the orange in the morning.

Apple Orange Healthy What I Eat in a Day Glasgow Girls Guide

Lunch

I was strangely hungry at lunchtime so I made myself a fried egg, with half an avocado on toast. This toast is the BFree Brown Seeded Loaf which is wheat and dairy free with sunflower seeds and golden linseeds. Definitely one of my favourites and makes me feel a little healthier than eating white bread.

Egg Toast Avocado Healthy What I Eat in a Day Glasgow Girls Guide


Afternoon Snack

I usually have some mixed nuts with me as they as such a great snack. I had a few of these for my afternoon snack along with the apple from earlier.

Nuts Healthy What I Eat in a Day Glasgow Girls Guide


Dinner


Dinner was stir fry chicken and vegetables (onions, peppers, mushroom and spring onions) with lettuce wraps. I added lots of spices, garlic, ginger and soy sauce to this to give it flavour. Using lettuce wraps adds crunch and is a little healthier than having tortilla wraps. For dessert, I treated myself to a bar of Bournville with a cup of tea.

Chicken Lettuce Wraps Healthy What I Eat in a Day Glasgow Girls Guide

The best end to a day :-).


4 comments:

  1. I am such a foodie! I LOVE watching you tube video's & reading posts about what people eat!! this looks like a super healthy day! & Who can go wrong with Bourneville for a treat!!

    www.luciaflorence.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha me too, I might have a slight obsession! Bourneville is amazing :-)

      Delete
  2. I loved this post! I've really be trying to eat healthier but I've been struggling because my eating habits are just so bad loool! I love having an insight into what other people eat!

    Clothing Conscious // Fashion & Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :-). Me too, taking photos and writing it down definitely helps keeps me motivated though.

      Delete

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com