Pages

Monday 16 March 2015

What I Eat - Workday and McCune Smith

Hi everyone,

Today's 'What I Eat' post involves cake. You know straight away it's going to be a good day when cake is involved. But before we get to cake, I should probably tell you about breakfast.

I started the day with half an avocado, a boiled egg and some cherry tomatoes. I sometimes have this with a slice of toast as well if I'm feeling particularly hungry.

What I Eat - Workday and McCune Smith

I had a pretty miserable work meeting scheduled which I decided to make slightly more enjoyable by relocating to one of my favourite local cafes, McCune Smith. McCune Smith is on Duke Street in Glasgow city centre and it does the most fantastic coffee but also has super tasty sandwiches and cakes. Of course when I have to decide between a sandwich and a cake I always choose cake :-). Especially the chocolate variety!

What I Eat - Workday and McCune Smith

What I Eat - Workday and McCune Smith

Doesn't this look amazing?! It was a rocky road with loads of marshmallow, cherry, biscuit and chocolate. This picture doesn't even do it justice because it was huge! I would definitely recommend a visit for anyone in the local area. Their banana cinnamon toast is next on my list of things to try! 

Not surprisingly after eating all of the rocky road I wasn't feeling particularly hungry at lunchtime so I had a kiwi and a pear to keep me going until dinner. 

What I Eat - Workday and McCune Smith

For dinner I decided to try making courgette noodles which I keep seeing popping up everywhere at the moment. I had been putting this off as I really don't like courgette that much. I think I have had too many bad experiences of soggy courgette with no flavour! Luckily with this recipe you don't need to cook the courgette so it stays quite firm. Most of the recipes I have seen require a spiralizer but I don't have one so I grated the courgette instead which seemed to work just as well. I fried some chicken and half an onion with a little pesto and cherry tomatoes and threw in the courgette at the last minute to warm without getting soggy.

What I Eat - Workday and McCune Smith

This was surprisingly really tasty and filling and an added bonus is that it is healthier than a typical chicken pesto dish as you aren't using any pasta. I'll definitely be adding this to my list of go-to easy dishes for dinners during the week.

Despite having lots of chocolate earlier, I felt like something sweet after my dinner. I had a few dates leftover from making my beetroot cupcakes (click here for the recipe) so I cut a few in half, added a little almond butter and topped with a sprinkle of raw cacao powder.

What I Eat - Workday and McCune Smith

 I know they don't look particularly appetising but they are as close as you can get to a natural version of a Snickers bar, a super tasty end to the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com