Pages

Friday 20 February 2015

What I Eat in a Day - Busy Work Day Edition



How to Greek Yoghurt Fruit Bowl What I Eat in a Day Glasgow Girls Guide


I absolutely love reading "What I Eat in a Day" posts. I think it's easy to get stuck in a routine of making the same meals over and over so I think it is great that these posts have become more popular because you can get lots of good ideas and inspiration from other people. Pinterest is also amazing for recipe ideas. I can spend literal hours drooling over the brownie recipes on there!

I've been trying to eat a little healthier since the start of the year. Not every day is perfect, this is an example of a really busy work day where I wasn't home until 9pm so I had to grab food for dinner on the go but I try to make healthier choices where I can.

Breakfast
How to Greek Yoghurt Fruit Bowl What I Eat in a Day Glasgow Girls Guide

Breakfast is my favourite meal of the day. I love breakfast foods so I never skip breakfast if I can help it! I always start my day with a herbal tea of some kind. Usually a fruit flavoured green tea. On this day I didn't fancy anything hot for breakfast so I had some greek yoghurt and fruit. This is around 150g of 0% fat Fage greek yoghurt, topped with half a banana, a kiwi and some dried cranberries. I also added some cinnamon, chia seeds and a little sweetener to the greek yoghurt for some extra flavour. It's amazing!


 I will have this before leaving the house and then I'll have a black coffee when I get to work.

Mid Morning Snack

How to Greek Yoghurt Fruit Bowl What I Eat in a Day Glasgow Girls Guide

I always have a green tea and snack of some kind around 11am when I start to get a little hungry. Today was simply an apple. Again a little cinnamon or almond butter added to apple slices is amazing!

Lunch

I'm usually not that hungry at lunchtime due to my mid morning snack and I never have very long to prepare food so I grab something quick and easy. On this day I had two rice cakes, topped with ham, cucumber and rocket. This is usually accompanied with a big glass of cold water.

Rice Cakes Healthy What I Eat in a Day Glasgow Girls Guide

Afternoon Snack

I usually have another snack around 4pm. It was half a banana today. The other half I use for breakfast the next day.

Banana Healthy What I Eat in a Day Glasgow Girls Guide


Dinner
Sushi Healthy What I Eat in a Day Glasgow Girls Guide

I was working late on this night so wasn't able to make anything for dinner. I managed to find some vegetarian sushi which I ate. It was different combinations of mushroom, carrots, green beans, mange tout and courgette. Very yummy!

Dessert

Dark Chocolate Healthy What I Eat in a Day Glasgow Girls Guide

I have such a sweet tooth so I never feel satisfied unless I have something sweet after my meal. This day, once I was finally home I made myself a cup of tea (made with almond milk) and two squares of this dark chocolate. It is my first time trying this particular Tesco Peruvian dark chocolate and I'm quite impressed. I'm not sure anything can compare to Green and Blacks though!

I'll usually have another few glasses of water and a final herbal tea before bed too.

And that's it :-). I love doing these posts so I'm sure there will be more coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com